Chitika

Thursday 21 March 2013

Organic or Non-organic?


Welcome to my blog! 


I believe that my posts and reviews will be useful for those who care about their health and health of their family.


First post I will write about organic food. I think now its very actual, and a lot of people asking them self why organic food is much more expensive than non-organic and whats a difference?



The term “organic” refers to the way agricultural products are grown and processed. Specific requirements must be met and maintained in order for products to be labeled as "organic".
Organic crops must be grown in safe soil, have no modifications, and must remain separate from conventional products. Farmers are not allowed to use synthetic pesticides, bioengineered genes (GMOs), petroleum-based fertilizers, and sewage sludge-based fertilizers.

And what about organic meat?


Organic livestock must have access to the outdoors and be given organic feed. They may not be given antibiotics, growth hormones, or any animal-by-products.



Here you can see facts for easy comparison:



                                                    Organic vs. Non-organic Produce

   Organic produce:
No Pesticides
  • Grown with natural fertilizers (manure, compost).
  • Weeds are controlled naturally (crop rotation, hand weeding, mulching, and tilling).
  • Insects are controlled using natural methods (birds, good insects, traps).

    Conventionally grown produce:
    Pesticides used
  • Grown with synthetic or chemical fertilizers.
  • Weeds are controlled with chemical herbicides.
  • Insecticides are used to manage pests and disease.


It is a personal choice what kind of food to eat, but for myself I choose natural organic food, because I do not believe that pesticides, antibiotics, hormones and other chemistry will be good for my health.

I will try to keep updating recently with more useful posts.
Thanks for visiting and see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment